Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Top 10 Reasons Why I Absolutely, Positively Should Have a Blog

  1. I am really good at watching TV. When I say that, I don't mean that I have great taste in high-brow, critically acclaimed or popular shows, or that I watch an abnormal amount of TV. In fact I like a huge range of shows, from super-trashy to shows that are too smart and get cancelled. The reality is that I am highly skilled at not only predicting the ends to shows, but also flipping between shows with perfect timing. I can recognize actors from the smallest parts on the most obscure of shows and as a result, get the most out of every show that I watch.
  2. I have been drinking since I was 13. Now many people would say that this is a terrible thing, that probably robbed me of my innocence, put me at higher risk for being an alcoholic, etc. The reality is that I have many more years of funny drinking-related stories than most people, and somehow have still continued to top myself into my adulthood.
  3. I am a straight-up teenybopper and lover of pop music. My middle school crush was on Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees, and I went to the Hannah Montana 3-D concert last weekend. I do enjoy other kinds of music, and my dad was the tour manager for several famous rock bands back in the 70's, so my knowledge extends beyond the Top 40. However, when it comes to the pop world, I am basically an expert.
  4. I am a closet nerd. I love Lord of the Rings, books about dragon riders, and read the last three Harry Potter books within 24 hours of their release. My family's favorite games when I was a kid were Risk and Hero Quest, and when I see previews for most kids movies I want to see them more than most other people in their 20's that don't go to comic book conventions.
  5. Someone needs to speak up for the underdog. I think that a majority of the blogs that I read are obsessed with and idolize the wrong people. For example, while I think that Angelina Jolie is a wonderful mother that has adorable children, I can't forget the fact that she is a homwrecker. I also think that she is a little bit too "I'm so thin and saving the world and adopting all of the worlds orphans and looking down my nose at everyone who buys into pop culture and cares about Britney Spears' breakdowns even though they are the reason I can sell pictures of my children to tabloids for millions of dollars," and I think that if I had to choose between being friends with her or Jennifer Aniston, I would pick Jen. We would go on long walks on the beach, play with dogs, smoke a little bit, eat some really yummy organice Mexican food and babysit Coco Arquette. Doesn't that sound like more fun than wearing all black and talking about world poverty constantly?
  6. I am in my 20's and living in New York City. I am not a struggling artist, I am not some wildly successful investment banker, however my life is fairly ridiculous at times, and I have friends living fairly ridiculous lives all over the country!
  7. I am an amazing online stalker. While it is not the healthiest habit, it really comes in handy when you are going on a first date, checking out someone applying for a job at your company, or trying to piece together all of the crucial details about the boy that you talked for several hours before taking him home, but were too blackout too remember any of them.
  8. My dating and makeout past is unrivaled. I have dated a gangster who went to juvie two months after we dated at summer camp, a boy who told me that he loved me after 2 weeks, the red headed commander of a battalion at a military college, and one time made a boy stop making out to watch "the best part of Sister Act."
  9. My family is in the poultry industry. While this may not seem particularly interesting, it has provided me with an entire set of reference points that most pople could not even imagine.
  10. Because I want to have a blog, and I clearly should, and you can't stop me!

No comments: